Tuesday, October 23, 2007

10: The Dream, Part 1

Once in a great while, sometimes a lifetime, one is presented with an opportunity to get his/her hands on a fantasy - a dream. Some dreams are situational, like finding that perfect job. Some are of a more personal dynamic, like meeting one's soul-mate.

And some are just downright material. The vintage car you've always wanted. The cabin in the woods you've wanted to spend your weekends in. Not necessary, but that doesn't make these dreams any less valid or important to the dreamer.

Today, I attained one of these dreams. (I have too many to list, and any victory is a big one).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This Ducati 999 Testastretta.

I have spent many a day staring down a long, curvy road and fantasizing about owning such a machine. A masterpiece of engineering. A motorbike so finely tuned for it's environment, and so unapologetic in it's purpose, that it requires no explanation... it's simply self-evident. There is no need to explain it to anyone, and anyone that would need an explanation simply wouldn't understand.

I will expand upon this event in my life upon the bike being handed over from the dealership. (This photo is obviously a stock pic, and Ducati is prepping the 999 for delivery). But I just had to write this down and get it out. Who knows? Maybe it will be as exciting to another true motorcyclist as it is to me.

Look for a report of my first encounter with this new dream in a few days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU SUCK!!!!!!