Friday, August 31, 2007

3: Time To Go

My bag is packed, oil is checked, I am ready to go. The weather for this Labor Day weekend is slated to be fantastic, so I am traveling super-light. I am not even bringing a change of clothes really.

Here's what goes with:

Backpack (of course... that damn thing goes to the bathroom with me)

And inside said backpack:

Tiny tent
Small first aid kit
The Leatherman (multitool)
A bandanna
Small flashlight
Matches
Compact raincoat
North Face zip up (serves as pillow, extra warmth in case)
Eyeglasses (for contact mishaps)
Camelback for water
Some nylon shock cord to tie things up. Maybe wayward campers.
A plastic garbage bag (gotta do right by the planet)
1 extra pair of socks
Camera
Pen
Phone
Toothbrush/paste

That's it. If it's not on the list, it's not going. The toothbrush is more for the sake of anyone I may encounter, but that's where my hygiene items end. If necessary, I will dip me in the Shenandoah or Potomac to rinse off at most. The socks are actually a safety item - wet feet can cause serious problems.









I have my sights set on Canaan Valley, WV. Hopefully, my first ride installment will be up before the end of the long weekend.

See you soon!

No comments: